Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Master Bedroom - Partial Reveal

One of my best friends is in the process of doing a master bedroom makeover.  Since she is not a blogger, she did not take before photos (remember before blogging when taking before photos was something that never crossed your mind).  Even without the before photos, I was so in love with the progress she has made in the room, that I just had to share it with you.
The room before had dark walls and the bedding and the drapes was gold and burgundy.  
My friend's inspiration for the whole room was this piece.  She bought it a while back and has been planning the room around it ever since.  
The bed also used to be on the wall to the right of the photo above.  What a difference now...the room looks huge.  All of the furniture was moved as well.

This dresser was where the bed is currently located.
This armoire is going to be leaving the room.  They also did a fabulous closet makeover (I am making her send me those before photos before I share it), so the armoire is no longer necessary.  It is probably going into their son's room.  This area is going to become a sitting area.
I love the new color scheme.  The lamps were an awesome find from Home Goods.
Aren't they so cool?

I just love the look of these lamps!
The duvet is from West Elm.  It was my friend's husband who suggested the pop of color on the bed...LOVE IT!!
They still have window treatments, an area rug, and a seating area to go...but it's super beautiful so far.
It's amazing how different the room looks just from a new paint color and rearranging the furniture.  If your bedroom seems stale, try moving the furniture around.  
You may be amazed with the difference it makes.

Have a great weekend!
-Judy
Pin It

7 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Beautiful -- I LOVE the bedding!

Have a great weekend!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Calypso In The Country said...

Very pretty - I love the pillow colors.
-Shelley

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The bedding is lovely, can't wait to see the drapes and the sitting area. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Judy- It is looking beautiful. I love your bedding and the colors you have chosen. Can't wait to see the full reveal. xo Diana

Unknown said...

Love that smile[pillow!

STARDUST said...

Love the colors and the bed cover!

Cynthia said...

I am loving the direction of your bedroom. The lamps from HG are great, like the shades alot. Can't wait to see it all together.

Cynthia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...